I wanted to try and come up with a recipe for something super sweet, indulgent and good for any occasion but with only using ingredients that you could get from your local grocery shop.
These treats are perfect gems for you to make with your kids or even to use as gifts for friends and family, taste great, look amazing!
I got my ingredients from Milk and More who are a grocery delivery service. Check out a review for them here www.themummyblogger.co.uk/reviews/milk-and-more-review. They are a great service if you have kids and can’t get out the house every day to pick up groceries. The basic ingredients I used all got delivered to me so I didn’t even have to leave my house!
First let’s look at the ingredients you need to get out of your cupboards.
36 Jaffa Cakes
225 grams melted chocolate, white, milk or plain
sprinkles for decoration
I have used white chocolate for these as I think they look better but if you’re not a fan of white chocolate then you can use any type of chocolate you want!
This method will take you around 20 – 30 minutes prep time and will give you around 30 truffels, so plenty to go around!
1. Take your jaffa cakes out the packet and place in a food blender. Blitz these until you are able to make small stick balls out of the cakes. If you have kids and you don’t mind them getting messy – you can use your hands to do this. It’s great fun but you will be left with sticky hands!
2. With your mixture, roll out into little balls. The balls should be around the size of a tablespoon. Place all the balls out neatly onto a greaseproof lined baking tray.
3. Place the baking tray into the fridge. This will allow the mixture to set and jel properly. I left mine for two hours to make sure they had set. This is the perfect time to clean up the kids, have a cuppa and relax!
4. Melt your chocolate in a glass bowel in a pan with water (ban marie style). Try not to stir the chocolate too much and don’t have the water on too high a heat, it should be at a gentle bubble.
5. Once the chocolate is melted, dip the balls of mixture into them and place back onto the baking tray. Do this for all 30 balls!
6. Now you can decorate the top of the truffles. Sprinkles, chips, sugar anything you want to make them look amazing!
7. Place the baking tray with the mixture back into the fridge for around 30 minutes to an hour for the chocolate to set.
Then you will be ready to plate these beauties up! As I said these are really fun to make and something that you can’t get in the shops! I real easy, fun recipe only using standard cupboard ingredients.
Try it yourself and comment below how yours turned out or feel free to share some pictures!