"Dutch Blitz is a highly interactive, highly energetic, family-friendly card game that will test your skills, smarts and speed."
If you enjoy the card game speed and solitaire then you'll love Dutch Blitz. It's a super fast card game that your family will become obsessed with!
How To Play:
1. The game consists of four decks of 40 cards each, and can be played by two, three or four persons. Each of the four decks has a different design: pump, carriage, pail and plow.
2. Each player chooses one of these deck designs and keeps it for the duration of the game. This is how you keep track of the cards you place in the center Dutch Piles.
3. Each player builds three basic groups of cards in front of him from which he will play the game. The groups of cards placed in position are referred to as the Post, Blitz and Wood piles. The objective of the game is to accumulate points by building as many cards in sequence, 1 through 10, in the same respective colors in the center Dutch Piles using as many cards as possible from Blitz Pile. The first player to exhaust his Blitz Pile has "Blitzed" his opponents and ended the hand.
4. Cards for placement in the Dutch Piles can also be drawn from a player's Post and Wood piles. Several hands must be played until a total of 75 points is accumulated by any one player, who then wins the game.
5. Speed is essential in winning since everyone plays at the same time! Dutch Blitz is a fast-moving, exciting game for everyone.
This is such a fun game, you'll be hooked the moment you pick up your cards! We played this over Thanksgiving break and I really enjoyed it. We played it with 4 people, but you can play it with only 2 people, which is nice because my husband and I can play it together on our own!
Dutch Blitz makes the perfect holiday gift and stocking stuffers for Christmas!
A BIG THANKS to Dutch Blitz for providing me with a game to review. These are my honest opinions, your experience may vary.