Did you know that young children commonly get about 6 to 8 colds and upper respiratory tract infections each year? I know that definitely seems to be true in our home! Those pesky colds seem to come and go, some lingering longer than others and some worse than others as well. One thing is for sure though, they are not fun! And because the FDA and Pediatricians recommend NOT giving over the counter cough and cold medicine to children under the age of six because of the risk of overdose, parents look to other resources to help relieve common cold symptoms. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends using a cool mist humidifier, saline nasal solution, and a bulb to suction the nasal mucus. This is why at the first sight of colds in our house, I run to get out our Crane USA Humidifiers!
Crane USA has a ton of great family-friendly humidifiers to help relieve your family of cold and flu symptoms. Humidifiers are great because they help moisten nasal passages and soothe dry coughs so a child can breathe easier and sleep peacefully through the night. Cool Mist humidifiers are also better for croup and do not use boiling water, therefore they are preferred for children. The Crane USA Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifiers work by passing a thin film of water over a rapidly vibrating transducer. The vibration breaks the water up into tiny droplets and emits a whisper quiet mist.
As I mentioned, we are huge fans of Crane and I always recommend their humidifiers over other brands I've tried. They just recently sent me one of their newest Humidifiers--Mya the Monkey. She's cute and girly just like my little girls and they are loving getting to use her in our home. All three of my kids have colds right now so we have our different Crane Humidifiers stationed in each of their rooms. It's exactly why I think it's a good idea to get more than one of them!
Here are all the thigns humidifiers can help with:
• Loosen nasal congestion
• Ease Dry Coughs
• Soothe Itchy Dry Skin
• Moisten Chapped Lips
• Prevent Nose Bleeds
• Helps with Overall Cold and Flu Symptoms
• Cool mist is best fro croup
Helpful Humidifier Tips:
- Ever find white dust particles on surfaces after using your humidifier? These are tiny mineral particles that have been broken up by the ultrasonic process. Most Crane humidifiers don't need filters to operate, but when your tap water has too many minerals and you are getting white dust--try switching to distilled water, filtered water, or purchasing a Crane Demineralization filter.
- It is important to set the humidifier on a medium mist, with door ajar. A high setting may be too much humidity and dampen your things.
- It is important to empty water and water basin and water tank daily. The humidifiers should also be disinfected weekly with 1 part white vinegar to two parts water. Let solution sit for 30 minutes then rinse.
Visit the Crane USA website to purchase their humidifiers or check your local retail stores
Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter form below. For info on how to use the Rafflecopter form, check out this video tutorial HERE.
A big THANK YOU to Crane USA for providing me with a free Monkey Humidifier to review. I was not compensated for this review. I receive product(s) for free so that I can provide my insight and experience. These are my honest opinions. Your experience may vary.