After seeing that my youngest daughter was getting sick of facing backwards in her car seat and realizing she was old enough to move into a forward facing car seat, I knew I was in need of another car seat for our family. My oldest daughter is in a booster seat with a back and my son was in a toddler forward facing seat. It was easy to move my youngest into the toddler seat, but I needed something for my middle son. When researching booster seats for his age category, I was looking for something very practical, safe, and affordable. It turns out timing couldn't have been better when The First Years asked if I would review their Compass B570 Pathway Booster Seat!
The First Years Compass B570 Pathway Booster Seat "has been awarded the highest ease of use rating--FIVE STARS-- from the National Highway Transportation Administration (NHTSA) and a “Best Bet” rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. It features color-coded belt paths, adjustable shoulder belt paths, and optimized lap belt paths for a comfortable and secure fit each and every time. The seat is lightweight, making it easy to move when traveling as it only weighs 9 lbs. and can be used with children 30-100 lbs (3-10 years old)."
This booster seat was perfect! My husband and I love all of the great features! It allows you to get the perfect fit for your child with capability to adjust the shoulder belt path up to 1.5" so your child will be comfortable and secure each and every time. And the lap belt positioning has been adjusted for a more comfortable and better fit as well. I also thought it was cool that it had an adjustable back so you can match it up with the seat in your car, providing great stability and a safer drive! Oh and let's not forget the fantastic headrest with contoured shape to help contain your child's head in the event of a crash. Another great perk is the two cup holders on the sides. They are both removable and dishwasher-safe, making the seat truly kid-friendly. Overall, we have been absolutely thrilled with the Compass Pathway Booster Seat from The First Years. Our son really likes his new car seat and our entire family can enjoy safe, comfy, and happy rides!
- Received a five-star "Ease of Use" government rating from NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Color-coded adjustable shoulder belt path for better fit
- Color-coded lap belt positioning for a better fit
- Latch attachments for secure installation when not in use
- Deeper headrest for better head containment
- Two removable cupholders for easy cleaning
- Self-adjusting seat back for better installation
- Six-position adjustable "no gap" back
- Taller belt path to accommodate larger children
- Patented easy, one-hand fold
- Built-in carry handle
- Deep side wing protection
- Side-impact tested to international standards
- Narrow bottom rails for better installation in smaller cars
- For use with children 30-100 lbs. (3-10 years old)
- Weighs 9 lbs.
Check The First Years website to see local stores and online markets where you can purchase their items
Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter form below. For info on how to use the Rafflecopter form, check out this video tutorial HERE.
A big THANK YOU to The First Years for providing me with a free Booster Seat to review. I was not compensated for this review. I receive product(s) for free so that I can provide my insight and experience. These are my honest opinions. Your experience may vary.