There have been a lot of things that I have learned about when it comes to searching for a home. The fact is, house shopping is a big task and buying a home is a very big decision. You definitely want to feel comfortable knowing you are going about things in the best way possible. Here are some helpful tips I have learned when it comes to searching for homes like these Kansas City homes:
1. Start out by determining your priorities!
- When we moved last year, we knew there were a few things that were a MUST for our new home: a decent commute to work/school, a good school district for our kids, a family-friendly community, local shopping, and a safe/low-crime area. Before we even thought of what we wanted inside the house, we knew it had to meet all of these requirements FIRST!
2. Research, Research, Research!
- Especially when you are looking for homes in a new state, it is so important to take advantage of all your resources. I immediately went to the Internet to look up school ratings, reviews, and more. I even used Google Maps to look up areas, view homes and track commutes with the satellite features, and check out all the surroundings. I also called to ask about churches and more!
3. Talk to Realtors
- Interviewing different Realtors over the phone ahead of time is great because you can find a realtor that best fits your needs, while also getting some great inside information on deals, houses, and areas.
4. Stick to a Plan!
- Determine a price range and key features you want in a home. This helps narrow your search down and eliminate non-compatible options.
5. Make a House-Hunting Checklist
- This was super helpful for me. I had a detailed list of things to look for in the home, places to take notes on what was seen, and different options that could be checked off. You look through so many homes, that often time your memory can get jumbled. These sheets were so helpful and helped us not only remember things better, but really focus on details which may have been overlooked.
6. Last, but not least, Stay Positive!
- Searching for homes can be stressful and exhausting. Try to stay positive and focused on the task at hand so you do not get overwhelmed and make costly judgment mistakes.
I hope you enjoy my tips and feel free to share some of your own with us in the comment section below!
This is a sponsored post for Remax, however, all the points and views are completely my own.