When I was in school, like most other kids, I couldn't wait for summer to come! Running around in the sprinklers, staying up late, sleepovers and most of all I looked forward to 3 weeks at our summer cabin!
I have some of the fondest memories there because there was no electricity or running water and we were more than an hour from town. As kids, we were challenged to use our imaginations and enjoy the beauty that surrounded us. We would play lots of games together, then when I wanted some alone time, I would pick up my book and relax on the beach.
There really wasn't anything better than a good book, and this summer will be the same with this summer's must read, The Imortal Rules!
The Imortal Rules is perfect for Twilight and Hunger Games fans. It will keep you on the edge and thirsting for more!
About The Immortal Rules, the first installment in the Blood of Eden series (HarlequinTeen, $18.99):
In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.
Unregistered humans cling to the fringe, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.
Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.
EARN MORE ENTRIES! You may do any or all of these in any order. Leave a separate comment for each entry completed.
- 1 Entry: Like Julie Kagawa On Facebook
- 1 Entry: Follow Julie Kagawa On Twitter
- Join Julie Kagawa's Blog
- 1 Entry: Follow our blog publicly aka Google Friend Connect (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog by RSS Feed (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog via email (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Add Take It From Me to your Google+ Circles (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: “Like” Take It From Me on Facebook and update your Facebook status with a link to this giveaway
- 1 Entry: Follow Take It From Me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You may do this once daily. Please put the link in your comment- SEE TWEET BUTTON BELOW FOR EASY TWEETING!!)
- 2 Entries: Add our button to your blog (On the Right Sidebar)
- 3 Entries: Post about this giveaway and include a link back to our blog (please put the link to your post in your comment)
- 1 Entry Each: Share this giveaway through email, Digg, Stumble It, Google Buzz, etc (Share buttons coming soon- some found below)
- 1 Entry Each: Send an Email to a family member or friend telling them about this giveaway and include takeitfrommegirls (at) gmail (dot) com in the CC
Giveaway closes Thursday May 31st at midnight
(Open to U.S. ONLY)
Winner will be chosen using Random.org & announced the following day
(Remember to include your email in one of your posts or have it available on your profile so we can contact you of your win)
A BIG THANKS to Julie Kagawa for providing me a copy of The Immortal Rules. These are my honest opinions, your experience may vary.