"It’s simple yet brilliant. While babysitting his granddaughters, they asked David to make friendship bracelets with them. This is a trend that’s had a recent surge in popularity as moms teach their kids this age old tradition with a bit of nostalgia. Friendship Bracelets are seen all over TV, and Tweens everywhere are making them. The process of making them involves securing a knot (online instructions will tell you to pin to your pants or hold with a nail in the wall!) and keeping the strings in order while knotting the threads. After one experience with the grandkids, David decided their must be a better way!"
"My Friendship Bracelet Maker’s design innovation loom lets you create friendship bracelets quickly and easily! Includes 56 precut threads in 14 different colors, and slide-out tray with inside storage keeps strings organized."
When I was little I loved making friendship bracelets and would pin them to my pants while crafting my bracelets! It was never the ideal situation, so when I found out about My Friendship Bracelet Maker I knew this would be the perfect solution to making bracelets faster and easier, and would be a lot of fun for my girls!
The kit comes with a loom which holds your threads in place, threads in every color imaginable, and a neat, convenient tray that slides out from underneath the loom that stores all your supplies.
To start, I chose four colors, light purple, dark purple, pink and white. You can choose up to 5 threads, depending on how wide you want your bracelet.
You align each piece of thread together then you fold them in half and tie a knot 1/2 inch from the end. You then clip the knot underneath the butterfly clip and string the threads through the slots. What is neat about the butterfly clip is that it is interchangeable. It twists and pops off, so you can switch it with a new clip. This really adds an extra fun factor to the loom!
Using the My Friendship Bracelet Maker was very easy to use and was much better than pinning it to my pants. The strings stayed firmly in place which gave the overall bracelet a tight, symmetrical look. Without the loom, I remember my bracelets getting a little lopsided. Since it has been a while since making friendship bracelets, I decided to start with a beginner pattern... Stripes! Check out my creation below!
My Friendship Bracelet Maker has lots of fun patterns to choose from, from Beginner to Advanced, your kids will never get bored.
Here are a few fun patterns from each category! Go to their friendship bracelet patterns page for more designs.
EARN MORE ENTRIES! You may do any or all of these in any order. Leave a separate comment for each entry completed.
- 1 Entry: "Follow" My Friendship Bracelet Maker on Twitter
- 1 Entry: "Like" My Friendship Bracelet Maker on Facebook
- 1 Entry: Visit My Friendship Bracelet Maker You Tube Page
- 1 Entry: Follow our blog publicly aka Google Friend Connect (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog by RSS Feed (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog via email (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: “Like” Take It From Me on Facebook and update your Facebook status with a link to this giveaway
- 1 Entry: Follow Take It From Me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You may do this once daily. Please put the link in your comment- SEE TWEET BUTTON BELOW FOR EASY TWEETING!!)
- 2 Entries: Add our button to your blog (On the Right Sidebar)
- 3 Entries: Post about this giveaway and include a link back to our blog (please put the link to your post in your comment)
- 1 Entry Each: Share this giveaway through email, Digg, Stumble It, Google Buzz, etc (Share buttons coming soon- some found below)
Giveaway closes Friday February 3rd at midnight
(Open to U.S. ONLY)
Winner will be chosen using Random.org & announced the following day
A big THANK YOU to My Friendship Bracelet Maker for providing me with a My Friendship Bracelet Maker to review and for providing a copy as a giveaway for one of our readers. These are my honest opinions, your experience may vary.