"In 1971, Leah Curry-Rood and Larry Rood, guided by a respect for the work of teachers and parents of young children, started a company called Gryphon House, which began as a distributer of quality children’s books. In 1979, Gryphon House expanded the business to include the distribution of teacher resource books."
As a mom who spends everyday with my kids, sometimes I need a little help with coming up with fun, new things to do during the day. I want to say that I am EXTREMELY creative and can come up with something new to do with my kids daily and all on my own, but honestly, it's nice to have a little help. Gryphon House came to my rescue, providing me with four titles to review, The Budding Gardener, The Budding Chef, L Is For Lion and What Does a Lion Say? Each book has been exactly what I needed and I am delighted to share these titles with you!
Whether your child likes to garden or not, they will discover through these awesome activities that they love the outdoors! The Budding Gardener comes with "50 Fun-In-The-Dirt activities," such as Fishbowl Jungle, Spring In The Middle Of Winter and Grow Your Own Pizza and these are only a few of my favorites.
The Budding Chef will help you and your kids "Whip Up Magical Moments In The Kitchen!" If you have a picky eater or you just want to have a blast in the kitchen, the Budding Chef is exactly what you need. What I really love about this book is it gives lots of learning opportunities and tips while you prepare and cook your food. There are great recipes for Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, Snacks, Desserts, as well as how to make butter and peanut butter! My daughter loves to cook with me in the kitchen, so this is the perfect book for us!
L Is For Lion is one of my favorites, because my daughter is at the perfect stage for being creative while learning her ABCs. This book teaches about the letters and their sounds and gives great tips and activities to do with each letter. L Is For Lion starts with the letter "A" and goes through the entire alphabet. It has different games, songs, books and activities to do with your kids, making learning each letter fun and creative and has given me a lot of new ideas to do with my daughter.
Lastly, when there is down time, What Does a Lion Say? is the book you need to make literacy fun and easy. This book is full of on-the-go games such as "Imagine A Story," where you make up a story about the people you see around you, in cars, walking their dogs etc. "Are they secret agents? Super-heroes? There are also fun games to play at home too. One of my favorites is "Make PB&J the Way I Say." This game is all about directions. One person makes the sandwich while the other gives the directions. The person making the sandwich can only do what the person giving the directions says to do. Mix up this game and try it with another simple activity, you'll have a blast!
MANDATORY ENTRY (1 Entry):
EARN MORE ENTRIES! You may do any or all of these in any order. Leave a separate comment for each entry completed.
- 1 Entry: "Follow" Gryphon House on Twitter
- 1 Entry: "Like" Gryphon House on Facebook
- 1 Entry: Follow our blog publicly aka Google Friend Connect (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog by RSS Feed (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog via email (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: “Like” Take It From Me on Facebook and update your Facebook status with a link to this giveaway
- 1 Entry: Follow Take It From Me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You may do this once daily. Please put the link in your comment- SEE TWEET BUTTON BELOW FOR EASY TWEETING!!)
- 2 Entries: Add our button to your blog (On the Right Sidebar)
- 3 Entries: Post about this giveaway and include a link back to our blog (please put the link to your post in your comment)
- 1 Entry Each: Share this giveaway through email, Digg, Stumble It, Google Buzz, etc (Share buttons coming soon- some found below)
Giveaway closes Saturday February 4th at midnight
(Open to U.S. Only)
Winner will be chosen using Random.org & announced the following day
A BIG THANK YOU to Gryphon House for providing me with a copy of The Budding Gardener, The Budding Chef, L Is For Lion and What Does A Lion Say? to review and for providing a copy of each as a giveaway for one of our readers. These are my honest opinions, your experience may vary.