As my family has been enjoying playing more and more games in the last few months, we were ecstatic to learn about Calliope Games. Their mission, gathering families together, is such an important aspect in my own life, I was very excited to play their games with my family.
We received one of Calliope's games called Tsuro to review and I have to say this is now one of my favorites. I really like that I can play it with just one other person or a group (up to 8 players). Sometimes my husband and I want to play a game after the girls are in bed and this is one we have enjoyed playing together.
I have never seen a game like Tsuro before, for the design and creativity of the board and the object of the game is very fascinating. The object of the game is to keep your player on the playing board by placing tiles around the interior of the board. The one to outlast the others wins!
Contents of the game include:
1 game board
35 Path Tiles
8 Marker Stones
1 Dragon Tile
How To Play Tsuro:
1. Each player chooses a marker stone, which is your player during the game.
2. You then choose three tiles and you always have three tiles in your hand during the game, unless the tile pile is empty. Each tile has two lines on each side, similar to the tile below.
3. When it is your turn you place one of your three tiles on the board and move your marker stone from one end of the tile to the other. The tiles stay in place for the entire game. If your tile connects to another tile, you must move your marker until you are at the edge of the tiles. You may be taken all the way across the board. You can see from the picture above that some lines will take you to the edge of the board. When a tile takes you to the edge of the board you are out.
4. Last one to stay on the board without getting knocked off the board wins!
EARN MORE ENTRIES! You may do any or all of these in any order. Leave a separate comment for each entry completed.
- 1 Entry: "Follow" Calliope Games on Twitter
- 1 Entry: "Like" Calliope Games on Facebook
- 1 Entry: Follow our blog publicly aka Google Friend Connect (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog by RSS Feed (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: Subscribe to our blog via email (On the Right Sidebar)
- 1 Entry: “Like” Take It From Me on Facebook and update your Facebook status with a link to this giveaway
- 1 Entry: Follow Take It From Me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You may do this once daily. Please put the link in your comment- SEE TWEET BUTTON BELOW FOR EASY TWEETING!!)
- 2 Entries: Add our button to your blog (On the Right Sidebar)
- 3 Entries: Post about this giveaway and include a link back to our blog (please put the link to your post in your comment)
- 1 Entry Each: Share this giveaway through email, Digg, Stumble It, Google Buzz, etc (Share buttons coming soon- some found below)
Giveaway closes Saturday January 28th at midnight
(Open to U.S. and CANADA!!)
Winner will be chosen using Random.org & announced the following day
A big thank you to Calliope Games for providing me with Tsuro to review and for providing a copy of this game as a giveaway for one of our readers. These are my honest opinions, your experience may vary.